My Thoughts About One of My Favorite Places--Northeastern Indiana's Amish Country

Thursday, November 9, 2023

A Change in Direction: Keeping Up With the Times

 A lot has changed for Gary and me lately...

For the last ten years, we've had a bookselling business on Amazon which we are now in the process of closing.  Gary also did quite a bit of Amish taxi work the first five years we lived here in Indiana, but he's retired from that in year six.

Our focus lately has been on the tour guide business (both private tours and step-on bus tour services).  It has been a lot of fun, and we're expanding that business next year.

Between marketing the tour business and doing social media (see links below), I've got quite enough irons in the fire, thank you very much, so I'm afraid this blog is just gonna have to go.  Blogs are the past, it seems, and social media is the future.  

I've also published a book, and soon I'll begin work on a second one.  About 80 of my posts from this website have already disappeared from here and reappeared in my book!  And the same thing is happening again as I put together a second book.  But there are still several dozen posts below.

So, go to Amazon.com if you like, and type "My Amish Indiana" in the search engine, or follow the links in the post above.  You'll find my book(s) in both electronic and print formats.   

You can also follow me on Instagram and/or on Facebook--and I hope to see you on a tour some day!